How does it work?
Every case is unique. Your individual case will initially be discussed in a no-obligation telephone consultation. During the consultation you will be guided on what documents are required if you decide to proceed.
If you decide to go ahead simply gather the required documentation, making sure each one is carefully labelled and dated. Forward with your retainer payment to Document Examination Ireland.
- You will receive written or email confirmation of acceptance of your documents and agreement to commence work.
- Following completion of the assignment and payment of any outstanding balance you will be provided with a verbal report, or written report of findings, as required.
- Any original documentation will be promptly returned by registered post or courier.
- Tips on gathering documents
- Acceptance of your individual case is based on the receipt of suitable quality material to allow an opinion to be made.
Acceptable material is:
- Original documents
- An electronic scan of original documents (minimum 600 dpi resolution, saved as a PDF or JPG )
- A photocopy of an original document
- Multi-generational copies and fax copies are generally not ideal as they do not provide sufficient quality and may make it difficult to reach an opinion.
For questioned signature cases ideally a minimum of ten known signatures are required for comparison purposes. The known signatures should be on documents from a variety of sources and should ideally be from a similar timeframe to the document containing the questioned signature. At least some of these signatures should be on documents comparable to the questioned signature. For instance if the questioned signature is on a contract provide as many comparison signatures from contracts as possible.
Some examples of sources of comparison material –
Diaries and Journals
Social insurance records
Address and Phone Books
Credit application forms
Deeds and land titles
Rental or lease contracts
Car registration documents